Friday, December 4, 2009

A year of being a nomad

I have not really been in one place long enough to call a place home. I have stuff packed into my room at my parents, I have taken over a garage with more things from college and living on my own. I have left all of that in Washington and have been on a bit of a continental US trip since I graduated in June. In the last 6 months I have lived in 3 different cities and two different time zones. I took a nannying job until January that required me to move to Philadelphia, PA and Miami, FL.

Living this nomadic lifestyle is going to continue for the next 5 months as well. (5 months is the minimum, we will see where life takes me next...) I am leaving on a red eye flight for Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on January 8th. I will meet up with my best friend, Jody, and one of her friends, Allegra, to travel around Brazil for a month. I will then go with Jody to Chile where we will meet up with our other best friend, Christina and say bye to Jody. From there Christina and I might visit Argentina, details are still being worked out. When Christina leaves I will head to Peru. On March 7th I will fly into the small mountain town of Ayacucho. I will be living and working as a volunteer there for 3 months.

If that doesn't sound crazy enough, just wait until you hear some of the details of the trip. To peak your curiosity of what is to come lets just say a section of the trip entails 3 very American girls enrolling in survival camp in the Amazon Rainforest. I am thinking that if you think Man vs. Wild is entertaining we might be able to give him a good run for his money :)


Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment