Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ciao Brasil


After 2 overnight bus trips we have finally made it back to Rio for our last 2 days in Brazil. I can not believe that it has been a whole month already! We came back to the same hostel we stayed at when we first got to Brazil. It was nice to be somewhere familiar, we walked in the door and got a warm welcome from the staff. We only had 2 days in Rio before we had to leave this beautiful country. On the first day, Jody and I walked to the lake and relaxed there for a bit. The lake was pretty but couldn't hold a candle to the beaches and Atlantic. So the next day we decided to soak up the last bits of Brazilian sun that we could on a lovely beach, Barra de Tjuca.

Being so close to Carnival, all the Carnival bands have scheduled outdoor practices around the city which turn into street parties. We went to one in Lapa, the samba club district, and had a great time meeting locals and dancing to the Funk band. As much fun as we had, I could not imagine being here for Carnival as just a mere tourist. I would recommend finding a Brazilian friend and sticking close to him/her if you ever want to come to Carnival.

I have loved every minute that I have been in Brazil and don't think that I will forget any part of this trip for a long time. I was constantly amazed at the diversity of landscapes and how friendly all the Brazilian were. I haven't even left yet, and I am plotting different ways in which I will be able to come back here. So if after reading my blog, Brazil seems like a place you want to visit let me know and I will come back with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment