Friday, April 9, 2010

The Cuna goes to the Plaza

Today the volunteers and I took the prison kids out to the plaza for a field trip. We had 5 voluteers and Marisol, our program director, with 8 kids. We collected them from their moms, which is getting easier and easier. One little girl, Miriam, was adamant that she didn't want to go with us. I then told her, "No quiero ir a la calle?" You don't want to go to the street. She perked right up and ran away from her mom and towards us. Oh how one little word, street, changes a whole kids outlook. We took them to the plaza, fed the birds, chased the birds and then went on a walk around the plaza pointing out the different plants and what color they were. It was a really fun day just playing with the kids and watching them get so excited about chasing pigeons. They all dress up so stinking cute to go out of the prison too! Oh how I love fridays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment