I have reached my halfway point. Six weeks down and six to go. Unfortunately this also meant that I was losing 2 girls that I have become really close to the last 6 weeks, Millie and Laura. Saturday morning Millie, Laura, Sarah and I got up and caught the plane to Lima. Laura and Sarah had a flight out that night to the states. Millie and I stayed until Tuesday in Lima. For our final day together we did what girls do best, shop and pamper ourselves. After getting some breakfast, which was something other than a bread roll, which made us all VERY excited. After a hardy breakfast we took to the streets to shop. It was more window shopping for me (the thought of carrying anything else in my backpack gives me the willies.) After shopping we were allowed to check into our hostel, then hit the streets of Lima to wander. As all good American girls our radar took us straight to the mall. After a little more window shopping we decided to treat ourselves to manicure and pedicures for a whole 30 soles. That changes into about 10 USD and that included French Tips at no extra cost. Oh how I LOVE Peru!!! It was so much fun to sit in the nail salon all afternoon with all the girls and have one last girly time before we all parted our ways. After we all got beautified we had to have a tearful goodbye with Laura and Sarah. It is so weird to think that I will be going back to Ayacucho and will be the last "old" volunteer.

Millie and I went to meet up with some people from Lima that we had met in Ayacucho during Semana Santa. Aft
er meeting up with Allie and her friends we headed out dancing and danced the night away. Then repeated the cycle every night after that until it was time to leave. There were some really fun people staying in the hostel with us that we made friends with. There was one guy from Arequipa, Peru, a couple from Israel and another couple from California. We all went out together and made our mark on the city. It was a great way to spend the last weekend with one of my best Ayacuchan friends! Until Tuesday morning came and we had to say our final goodbyes :( I think that I will have to visit Australia and North Carolina soon!
Ive been so behind in blogging and reading the blogs, its so great to read your news. Crazy about the rats!! What a great time we had in lima, so so much fun! Wil remember that for a while to come xox
ReplyDelete