Hot dogs. That is correct, hot dogs, this is the national food of Chile, I swear. Everywhere we went there was a hot dog stand. Now, I have worked in the baseball environment for the last 7 years of my life and was pretty certain that I have seen it all when it comes to hot dogs. Boy was I in for a surprise. Chileans have one upped us with their verison of the hot dog known as the Completo. The completo is a hot dog that is topped with avacado, tomatoes and mayo. They do not skimp on the toppings either. I am pretty sure that I had a whole bottle of mayo on my 1st completo experience ( I had to take it off to make it edible.) I was very shocked when I actually enjoyed the completo.
The completos have made blog status because there is not much else to do in Santiago. It is a big city that is more industrial than touristic. But it was just what the doctor ordered; to rest and spend a few days in Valparaispo before hitting the pavement hard again in Buenos Aires.

I'm not usually a hot dog fan but I think I'd like the completo. Afterall Avacado just make everything yummy!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your time in Chile is restful.